Application Process is now closed. Please check back for 2018 Award information
2017 Luigi Pelini Memorial Scholarship Program
April 2017 – The Levittown Soccer Club is proud to announce the annual Luigi Pelini Memorial Scholarship Program to reward our outstanding travel soccer players. This program was created in honor of Luigi Pelini who founded the Levittown Soccer Club in 1976. Scholarship awards will be considered for graduating High School seniors who meet the eligibility requirements listed below and follow all application steps listed below.
The intention of this award is to recognize those individuals who through their participation in the Levittown Soccer Club, love of youth soccer, and dedication to community service have demonstrated their ability and readiness to contribute and succeed in our society.
Individuals eligible for the awards are soccer players who:
- Are graduating high school seniors.
- Have applied to and been accepted at a college or trade school.
- Have played travel soccer for at least 5 years in the Levittown Soccer Club (LSC).
- Have maintained good standing in the Long Island Junior Soccer League.
- Complete the Levittown Soccer Club Scholarship Application process and submit all required information by the specified due date.
- Complete the Levittown Scholarship Application form online and submit all required information by the due date.
- On a separate sheet of paper, describe (in narrative or resume format) your participation in community service and/or extra-curricular activities since the age of 14.
- On a separate sheet of paper prepare a one page essay (approximately 250 words) describing “How Playing Youth Soccer Has Helped My Personal Development”.
- Obtain and attach one letter of recommendation from a school, religious, or community service organization in which you have participated.
- Be sure to write your name on all application attachments.
- Make sure all forms arrive by the due date.
Completed applications must be received no later than June 1, 2017 to be eligible for consideration. If you prefer to mail your application it can be sent to:
Levittown Soccer Club C/o Jim San Filippo
89 Silver Lane
Levittown, NY 11756
Attention: Scholarship Fund
Scholarship award winners will be notified by no later than Friday, June 10,2017. Awards will be presented at a location to be announced.
If there are any questions, please contact the Scholarship Committee Chairperson:
Jim San Filippo (516) 735-0710
All decisions of the LSC Scholarship Committee are final