APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
2019 Luigi Pelini Memorial Scholarship Program
April 2019 – The Levittown Soccer Club is proud to announce the annual Luigi Pelini Memorial Scholarship Program to reward our outstanding travel soccer players. This program was created in honor of Luigi Pelini who founded the Levittown Soccer Club in 1976. Scholarship awards will be considered for graduating High School seniors who meet the eligibility requirements and follow all application steps listed below.
The intention of this award is to recognize those individuals who through their participation in the Levittown Soccer Club, love of youth soccer, and dedication to community service have demonstrated their ability and readiness to contribute and succeed in our society.
Individuals eligible for the awards are soccer players who:
- Are graduating high school seniors.
- Have applied to and been accepted at a college or trade school.
- Have played travel soccer for at least 5 years in the Levittown Soccer Club (LSC).
- Have maintained good standing in the Long Island Junior Soccer League.
- Complete the Levittown Soccer Club Scholarship Application process and submit all required information by the specified due date.
- Complete the Levittown Scholarship Application form online and submit all required information by the due date.
- On a separate sheet of paper, describe (in narrative or resume format) your participation in community service and/or extra-curricular activities since the age of 14.
- On a separate sheet of paper prepare a one page essay (approximately 250 words) describing “How Playing Youth Soccer Has Helped My Personal Development”.
- Obtain and attach one letter of recommendation from a school, religious, or community service organization in which you have participated.
- Be sure to write your name on all application attachments.
- Make sure all forms arrive by the due date.
Completed applications must be received no later than May 20, 2019 to be eligible for consideration.
If you prefer to mail your application it must be postmarked no later than Friday May 17, 2019 and/or received no later than Monday May 20, 2019. Download the application information HERE (LSC Printable Scholarship Application) and send it to:
Levittown Soccer Club C/o Jim San Filippo
89 Silver Lane
Levittown, NY 11756
Attention: Scholarship Fund
Scholarship award winners will be notified by no later than Friday May 31, 2019. Awards presentation ceremony details will be announced after the application submission window has closed.
If there are any questions, please contact the Scholarship Committee Chairperson:
Jim San Filippo (516) 735-0710
All decisions of the LSC Scholarship Committee are final