- Referees should always appear in the appropriate uniform with shirts tucked in and socks up.
- File reports no later than Monday following the match date.
- Be sure to reply to referee e-mail assignments each week.
- Get the first and last name of both team coaches and include them in your referee report.
- Provide the referee coordinator with your cell phone number if you would like to be “on call” for any open games on the weekend. A text message will be sent out to find a referee for all last minute uncovered games.
- If you cannot make your assigned game at the last minute, Friday night through Sunday, you MUST call Chris Petrellese (cell 516/318/6054), LSC Referee Coordinator, to let him know.
- Use the referee report to file your reports for each game. You may submit a hard copy or e-mail the required info to email@example.com. Also, you can text a picture of your report to 516/318/6054. If there is any issue with a game fill out REF REPORT on Sunday and send via email.
- In the event of cancellations, an e-mail will be sent to all referees. If you are refereeing any matches on the day games are cancelled, you should e-mail back a confirmation that the message was received. If you do not respond within the hour, you will receive a phone call.
All referees should be prepared with the following equipment for each match:
- Two watches, either stop or wristwatch
- Two whistles
- Two flags
- Red and Yellow cards
- Coin, to decide who gets ball for kickoff, (a quarter works)